Would you like to improve your communication with your Spanish-speaking co-workers and employees? Or maybe rely less on bilingual employees or Spanish interpreters? Spanish for Hospitality and Housekeeping + Individual Online Tutoring is a self-paced, online occupational Spanish conversation course that seeks to bridge the communication gap between English and Spanish-speaking supervisors, co-workers, and guests. Take the online course portion at your own pace, and then when you are ready to practice with a native-speaker, schedule a tutoring session.
SPANISH FOR HOSPITALITY AND HOUSEKEEPING KEY VOCABULARY:
Job Titles and People, Places, Housekeeping Terms, Cleaning Supplies, Types of Rooms and Lodging Vocabulary, Action Verbs, and Maintenance Terms.
Bonus Reference Materials
To help you learn more Spanish vocabulary and grammar, or just simply a review, an optional Spanish Fundamentals course and Spanish Grammar Guide are also included.
- Spanish Fundamentals – Pronunciation, Greetings, Conversation Phrases, Survival Words, Numbers, Colors, Directions, Places, Questions, Time, Months, Days of the Week, Date, Family, Personal Characteristics, Likes and Dislikes, Clothing
- Spanish Grammar Guide – Reference materials for:
Basic Spanish Grammar – Alphabet, Pronunciation, Cognates, Definite and Indefinite Articles, Plural, Subject Pronouns, Adjectives and Gender Agreements
Verb Tenses – Ser and Estar, Present Tense Verb Conjugation, Irregular Present Tense Verbs, Present Progressive, Present Perfect, Past Tense (Preterite and Imperfect), Future Tense, Reflexive Verbs, Gustar, Tener Expressions
More Grammar – Prepositions, Possessive Adjectives, Direct & Indirect Objects, Demonstrative Adjectives, Indefinite Pronouns, Comparisons, Adverbs of Frequency
- Pronunciation Skills: Click and listen to the native pronunciation of all of the new vocabulary words.
- Images: See (and hear!) the words represented in pictures.
- Practice: Learn with digital flashcards to help you internalize the new vocabulary words.
- Tips: Read grammar and language tips to help you build a stronger foundation in Spanish.
- Flashcards: Choose the option to download and print out paper flashcards to take them wherever you go.
- Homework: Practice some more! This is not graded homework, but rather ideas to practice alone or with friends.
- Extra Resources: There are so many great (free!) resources on the web to learn Spanish. Each lesson, there are links to at least 3 sites to help take your Spanish to the next level.
- Certificate of Completion: Available upon successful passing the Final Exam
- Extra Resources: Links to the free Spanish-learning resources on the web to further your knowledge
Pay for 5 hours, but really get 6 hours! (The first hour is always Free to work out any technology issues.)
Online courses are great for convenience, but when learning a language, it is very helpful to practice your new vocabulary and grammar structures to really make them stick. Perhaps you are a beginner and would like to practice the basics. Maybe you are already fairly fluent and need vocabulary specifically for your industry. Whatever the reason, Pronto Spanish works with the native-speaking Speak Shop tutors trained to customize their lessons for you. Take the the online course to add to your vocabulary and then practice exactly what you want and need for your job.
- Step 1: Purchase the Online Course + Tutoring Package (Upon payment, you will receive emails with Course login information and a tutor access Code._
- Step 2: Start the Online Course at learn.prontospanish.com
- Step 3: When ready for your conversation practice, schedule your first hour-long, 1:1 lesson with one of the Spanish tutors at learn.prontospanish.com/tutoring.