Spanish for the Medical Front Office + Individual Online Tutoring is a self-paced, online occupational Spanish conversation course that seeks to bridge the communication gap between English-speaking employees and Spanish-speaking patients. Take the online course portion at your own pace, and then when you are ready to practice with a native-speaker, schedule a tutoring session.
Interacting with Spanish-speaking patients may arise frequently in a Medical Front Office position. In a medical career, lacking basic knowledge of the Spanish language can be inefficient and dangerous. Students will learn basic reception terms to greet their patients, as well as insurance and general medical terminology. This course will not only boost your professional communication skills in the workplace, but combined with the Spanish Fundamentals course, will help you feel more comfortable communicating with the Spanish-speakers in your community. Topics include Receptions, Registration, Places, Insurance Terms and Vocabulary, Job Titles and People, Medical History, Specific Questions, Emergencies & Common Injuries, Parts of the Body, Internal Organs
- Access: 6 months
- Certificate of Completion: Available upon successful passing the Final Exam
- Extra Resources: Links to the free Spanish-learning resources on the web to further your knowledge
Pay for 5 hours, but really get 6 hours! (The first hour is always Free to work out any technology issues.)
Online courses are great for convenience, but when learning a language, it is very helpful to practice your new vocabulary and grammar structures to really make them stick. Perhaps you are a beginner and would like to practice the basics. Maybe you are already fairly fluent and need vocabulary specifically for your industry. Whatever the reason, Pronto Spanish works with the native-speaking Speak Shop tutors trained to customize their lessons for you. Take the the online course to add to your vocabulary and then practice exactly what you want and need for your job.
- Step 1: Purchase the Online Course + Tutoring Package (Upon payment, you will receive emails with Course login information and a tutor access Code._
- Step 2: Start the Online Course at learn.prontospanish.com
- Step 3: When ready for your conversation practice, schedule your first hour-long, 1:1 lesson with one of the Spanish tutors at learn.prontospanish.com/tutoring.