Interacting with Spanish-speaking patients may arise frequently in a Medical Front Office position. In a medical career, lacking basic knowledge of the Spanish language can be inefficient and dangerous. Spanish for the Medical Front Office is a self-paced, online occupational Spanish conversation course that solves the problems of miscommunication. Students will learn basic reception terms to greet their patients, as well as insurance and general medical terminology. This course will not only boost your professional communication skills in the workplace, but combined with the Spanish Fundamentals course, will help you feel more comfortable communicating with the Spanish-speakers in your community.
- Insurance Terms and Vocabulary
- Job Titles and People
- Medical History
- Specific Questions
- Emergencies & Common Injuries
- Parts of the Body
- Internal Organs
- Pronunciation Skills: Click and listen to the native pronunciation of all of the new vocabulary words.
- Images: See (and hear!) the words represented in pictures.
- Practice: Learn with digital flashcards to help you internalize the new vocabulary words.
- Tips: Read grammar and language tips to help you build a stronger foundation in Spanish.
- Flashcards: Choose the option to download and print out paper flashcards to take them wherever you go.
- Homework: Practice some more! This is not graded homework, but rather ideas to practice alone or with friends.
- Extra Resources: There are so many great (free!) resources on the web to learn Spanish. Each lesson, there are links to at least 3 sites to help take your Spanish to the next level.
- Access: 6 months
- Certificate of Completion: Available upon successful passing the Final Exam
- Extra Resources: Links to the free Spanish-learning resources on the web to further your knowledge