Would you like to improve your communication with your Spanish-speaking co-workers? Or maybe rely less on a Spanish interpreter? Spanish for Construction is a self-paced, online Spanish course designed for construction workers, contractors, foreman, and anybody who works with Spanish-speaking employees and co-workers in the construction industry. The course includes a lot of vocabulary, including several topics to build your Spanish foundation, more general workplace vocabulary, and finally, Spanish specifically for a construction site. There is no need to cover it all! If something does not apply to you, move on to the next lesson. The hope for these many vocabulary topics is that it will give you a solid vocabulary base to draw from in order to bridge the communication gap with the Spanish-speakers at your worksite and in your community.
SPANISH FOR CONSTRUCTION KEY VOCABULARY
Job Titles in Construction, Construction Equipment, Supplies and Materials, Hardware, Hand Tools, Power Tools, Actions and Commands, Measurements and Fractions, Painting, Plumbing, Electrical, Clean-Up, Areas, Landscaping
Bonus Reference Materials
To help you learn more Spanish vocabulary and grammar, or just simply a review, an optional Spanish Fundamentals course and Spanish Grammar Guide are also included.
- Spanish Fundamentals – Pronunciation, Greetings, Conversation Phrases, Survival Words, Numbers, Colors, Directions, Places, Questions, Time, Months, Days of the Week, Date, Family, Personal Characteristics, Likes and Dislikes, Clothing
- Spanish Grammar Guide – Reference materials for:
Basic Spanish Grammar – Alphabet, Pronunciation, Cognates, Definite and Indefinite Articles, Plural, Subject Pronouns, Adjectives and Gender Agreements
Verb Tenses – Ser and Estar, Present Tense Verb Conjugation, Irregular Present Tense Verbs, Present Progressive, Present Perfect, Past Tense (Preterite and Imperfect), Future Tense, Reflexive Verbs, Gustar, Tener Expressions
More Grammar – Prepositions, Possessive Adjectives, Direct & Indirect Objects, Demonstrative Adjectives, Indefinite Pronouns, Comparisons, Adverbs of Frequency
- Pronunciation Skills: Click and listen to the native pronunciation of all of the new vocabulary words.
- Images: See (and hear!) the words represented in pictures.
- Practice: Learn with digital flashcards to help you internalize the new vocabulary words.
- Tips: Read grammar and language tips to help you build a stronger foundation in Spanish.
- Flashcards: Choose the option to download and print out paper flashcards to take them wherever you go.
- Homework: Practice some more! This is not graded homework, but rather ideas to practice alone or with friends.
- Extra Resources: There are so many great (free!) resources on the web to learn Spanish. Each lesson, there are links to at least 3 sites to help take your Spanish to the next level.
- Certificate of Completion: Available upon successful passing the Final Exam
- Extra Resources: Links to the free Spanish-learning resources on the web to further your knowledge