Interacting with Spanish-speaking patients may be commonplace in your dental facility. Lacking basic knowledge of the Spanish language may not only be inefficient, but it may also be dangerous. Spanish for Dentists and Dental Hygienists is a self-paced, online occupational Spanish conversation course that seeks to bridge the communication gap between English-speaking dental professionals and Spanish-speaking patients. While this course is not meant to replace a certified interpreter, it will boost your communication skills in the workplace, as well as make you more comfortable and productive.
- Medical History
- Initial Contact and Questions
- Dental Cleaning
- Dental X-rays and Exam
- Dental Assessment
- Procedures and Treatment
- Patient Education and Discharge
Bonus Reference Materials
To help you learn more Spanish vocabulary and grammar, or just simply a review, an optional Spanish Fundamentals course and Spanish Grammar Guide are also included.
- Spanish Fundamentals – Pronunciation, Greetings, Conversation Phrases, Survival Words, Numbers, Colors, Directions, Places, Questions, Time, Months, Days of the Week, Date, Family, Personal Characteristics, Likes and Dislikes, Clothing
- Spanish Grammar Guide – Reference materials for:
Basic Spanish Grammar – Alphabet, Pronunciation, Cognates, Definite and Indefinite Articles, Plural, Subject Pronouns, Adjectives and Gender Agreements
Verb Tenses – Ser and Estar, Present Tense Verb Conjugation, Irregular Present Tense Verbs, Present Progressive, Present Perfect, Past Tense (Preterite and Imperfect), Future Tense, Reflexive Verbs, Gustar, Tener Expressions
More Grammar – Prepositions, Possessive Adjectives, Direct & Indirect Objects, Demonstrative Adjectives, Indefinite Pronouns, Comparisons, Adverbs of Frequency
- Pronunciation Skills: Click and listen to the native pronunciation of all of the new vocabulary words.
- Images: See (and hear!) the words represented in pictures.
- Practice: Learn with digital flashcards to help you internalize the new vocabulary words.
- Tips: Read grammar and language tips to help you build a stronger foundation in Spanish.
- Flashcards: Choose the option to download and print out paper flashcards to take them wherever you go.
- Homework: Practice some more! This is not graded homework, but rather ideas to practice alone or with friends.
- Extra Resources: There are so many great (free!) resources on the web to learn Spanish. Each lesson, there are links to at least 3 sites to help take your Spanish to the next level.
- Certificate of Completion: Available upon successful passing the Final Exam
- Extra Resources: Links to the free Spanish-learning resources on the web to further your knowledge