Would you like to improve your communication with the Spanish-speaking members of your community? Or maybe rely less on bilingual family members or Spanish interpreters? Spanish for Firefighters is a self-paced, online Spanish course designed for firefighters and emergency responders during a fire situation wanting to communicate with the Spanish-speaking public. The course picks up where Spanish Fundamentals leaves off and provides you with vocabulary specific to what you may need as a firefighter. Take Spanish for Firefighters alone or together with Spanish Fundamentals to give you a solid vocabulary base to draw from in order to bridge the communication gap with the Spanish-speakers in your community.
- Job Titles in Public Safety
- People in General
- Interviewing People
- Firefighter Vocabulary and Phrases
- Firefighter Questions
- Fire and Life Safety Inspections
- Water Emergencies
- Pronunciation Skills: Click and listen to the native pronunciation of all of the new vocabulary words.
- Images: See (and hear!) the words represented in pictures.
- Practice: Learn with digital flashcards to help you internalize the new vocabulary words.
- Tips: Read grammar and language tips to help you build a stronger foundation in Spanish.
- Flashcards: Choose the option to download and print out paper flashcards to take them wherever you go.
- Homework: Practice some more! This is not graded homework, but rather ideas to practice alone or with friends.
- Extra Resources: There are so many great (free!) resources on the web to learn Spanish. Each lesson, there are links to at least 3 sites to help take your Spanish to the next level.
- Access: 6 months
- Certificate of Completion: Available upon successful passing the Final Exam
- Extra Resources: Links to the free Spanish-learning resources on the web to further your knowledge