Interacting with Spanish-speaking patients may arise frequently in a health care position. In a medical career, lacking basic knowledge of the Spanish language can be inefficient and dangerous. Spanish for Health Care is a self-paced, online medical Spanish conversation course that seeks to bridge the communication gap between English-speaking health care professionals and Spanish-speaking patients. Take the online course portion at your own pace, and then when you are ready to practice with a native-speaker, schedule a tutoring session.
Spanish for Health Care Online Course
Spanish for Health Care teaches you basic medical Spanish vocabulary specifically for those in the medical profession, from CNAs to nurses and providers. Topics include Job Titles and People, Medical History, Specific Questions, Examination, Emergencies & Common Injuries, Actions and Commands, Pain, Parts of the Body, Internal Organs, Care, Prescriptions, Discharge
- Access: 6 months
- Certificate of Completion: Available upon successful passing the Final Exam
- Extra Resources: Links to the free Spanish-learning resources on the web to further your knowledge
Pay for 5 hours, but really get 6 hours! (The first hour is always Free to work out any technology issues.)
Online courses are great for convenience, but when learning a language, it is very helpful to practice your new vocabulary and grammar structures to really make them stick. Perhaps you are a beginner and would like to practice the basics. Maybe you are already fairly fluent and need vocabulary specifically for your industry. Whatever the reason, Pronto Spanish works with the native-speaking Speak Shop tutors trained to customize their lessons for you. Take the the online course to add to your vocabulary and then practice exactly what you want and need for your job.
- Step 1: Purchase the Online Course + Tutoring Package (Upon payment, you will receive emails with Course login information and a tutor access Code._
- Step 2: Start the Online Course at learn.prontospanish.com
- Step 3: When ready for your conversation practice, schedule your first hour-long, 1:1 lesson with one of the Spanish tutors at learn.prontospanish.com/tutoring.