Would you like to improve your communication with your Spanish-speaking clients? Or maybe rely less on a Spanish interpreter? Spanish for Social Services is a self-paced, online Spanish course designed for social workers, counselors, non-profit office staff and administrators, ministers, and anyone working with Spanish-speakers in an outreach capacity. The course picks up where Spanish Fundamentals leaves off and provides you with vocabulary specifically for the social services environment. Take Spanish for Social Services alone or together with Spanish Fundamentals to give you a solid vocabulary base to draw from in order to bridge the communication gap with the Spanish-speakers in your community.
- Job Titles
- People in General
- People in Trouble
- The Interview
- Specific Questions
- The Social Services Visit
- Action Verbs
- Agency Offerings
- Personal Characteristics
- More Social Services Terms
Bonus Reference Materials
To help you learn more Spanish vocabulary and grammar, or just simply a review, an optional Spanish Fundamentals course and Spanish Grammar Guide are also included.
- Spanish Fundamentals – Pronunciation, Greetings, Conversation Phrases, Survival Words, Numbers, Colors, Directions, Places, Questions, Time, Months, Days of the Week, Date, Family, Personal Characteristics, Likes and Dislikes, Clothing
- Spanish Grammar Guide – Reference materials for:
Basic Spanish Grammar – Alphabet, Pronunciation, Cognates, Definite and Indefinite Articles, Plural, Subject Pronouns, Adjectives and Gender Agreements
Verb Tenses – Ser and Estar, Present Tense Verb Conjugation, Irregular Present Tense Verbs, Present Progressive, Present Perfect, Past Tense (Preterite and Imperfect), Future Tense, Reflexive Verbs, Gustar, Tener Expressions
More Grammar – Prepositions, Possessive Adjectives, Direct & Indirect Objects, Demonstrative Adjectives, Indefinite Pronouns, Comparisons, Adverbs of Frequency
- Pronunciation Skills: Click and listen to the native pronunciation of all of the new vocabulary words.
- Images: See (and hear!) the words represented in pictures.
- Practice: Learn with digital flashcards to help you internalize the new vocabulary words.
- Tips: Read grammar and language tips to help you build a stronger foundation in Spanish.
- Flashcards: Choose the option to download and print out paper flashcards to take them wherever you go.
- Homework: Practice some more! This is not graded homework, but rather ideas to practice alone or with friends.
- Extra Resources: There are so many great (free!) resources on the web to learn Spanish. Each lesson, there are links to at least 3 sites to help take your Spanish to the next level.
- Certificate of Completion: Available upon successful passing the Final Exam
- Extra Resources: Links to the free Spanish-learning resources on the web to further your knowledge