Learn basic Spanish online with Spanish Fundamentals, a self-paced, online Spanish course that seeks to bridge the communication gap between English and Spanish-speakers. The online course will expose you to the basics of Spanish before you dive into one of the more occupational-focused courses. Take the online course portion at your own pace, and then when you are ready to practice with a native-speaker, schedule a tutoring session.
Spanish Fundamentals Online Course
Not only does Spanish Fundamentals give you basic greetings and survival words, you will also learn about Spanish pronunciation, the “gender” of words, and the beginning of Spanish verbs so that you can start seeing patterns. Think of this course as a foundation for you to build from. Perhaps you already know some of these categories or do not find them relevant to your needs. If so, skip them! The lessons in this course do not need to be taken in order. Go through the relevant lessons, and then move on to why you are really looking for a Spanish course for your job. Then take the relevant course that will help you communicate more effectively with your customers, clients, students, patients, co-workers, or community members.
Key Concepts Include:
- Introductory Topics: Pronunciation, Greetings, Conversation Phrases, Survival Words
- Foundational Vocabulary: Numbers, Colors, Directions, Places, Questions, Time, Months and Seasons, Days of the Week and Date, Family, Personal Characteristics, Likes and Dislikes, Clothing
- Basic Grammar: Gender, Pronouns, Present Tense Verbs
- Access: 6 months
- Certificate of Completion: Available upon successful passing the Final Exam
- Extra Resources: Links to the free Spanish-learning resources on the web to further your knowledge
Pay for 5 hours, but really get 6 hours! (The first hour is always Free to work out any technology issues.)
Online courses are great for convenience, but when learning a language, it is very helpful to practice your new vocabulary and grammar structures to really make them stick. Perhaps you are a beginner and would like to practice the basics. Maybe you are already fairly fluent and need vocabulary specifically for your industry. Whatever the reason, Pronto Spanish works with the native-speaking Speak Shop tutors trained to customize their lessons for you. Take the the online course to add to your vocabulary and then practice exactly what you want and need for your job.
- Step 1: Purchase the Online Course + Tutoring Package (Upon payment, you will receive emails with Course login information and a tutor access Code.)
- Step 2: Start the Online Course at learn.prontospanish.com
- Step 3: When ready for your conversation practice, schedule your first hour-long, 1:1 lesson with one of the Spanish tutors at learn.prontospanish.com/tutoring.