Learn basic Spanish online with Spanish Fundamentals, a self-paced, online Spanish course that seeks to bridge the communication gap between English and Spanish-speakers. The online course will expose you to the basics of Spanish before you dive into one of the more occupational-focused courses.
Not only does Spanish Fundamentals give you basic greetings and survival words, you will also learn about Spanish pronunciation, the “gender” of words, and the beginning of Spanish verbs so that you can start seeing patterns. Think of this course as a foundation for you to build from.
Perhaps you already know some of these categories or do not find them relevant to your needs. If so, skip them! The lessons in this course do not need to be taken in order. Go through the relevant lessons, and then move on to why you are really looking for a Spanish course for your job. Then take the relevant course that will help you communicate more effectively with your customers, clients, students, patients, co-workers, or community members.
Key Concepts Include:
- Introductory Topics: Pronunciation, Greetings, Conversation Phrases, Survival Words
- Foundational Vocabulary: Numbers, Colors, Directions, Places, Questions, Time, Months and Seasons, Days of the Week and Date, Family, Personal Characteristics, Likes and Dislikes, Clothing
- Basic Grammar: Gender, Pronouns, Present Tense Verbs
- Pronunciation Skills: Click and listen to the native pronunciation of all of the new vocabulary words.
- Images: See (and hear!) the words represented in pictures.
- Practice: Learn with digital flashcards to help you internalize the new vocabulary words.
- Tips: Read grammar and language tips to help you build a stronger foundation in Spanish.
- Flashcards: Choose the option to download and print out paper flashcards to take them wherever you go.
- Homework: Practice some more! This is not graded homework, but rather ideas to practice alone or with friends.
- Extra Resources: There are so many great (free!) resources on the web to learn Spanish. Each lesson, there are links to at least 3 sites to help take your Spanish to the next level.
- Access: 6 months
- Certificate of Completion: Available upon successful passing the Final Exam
- Extra Resources: Links to the free Spanish-learning resources on the web to further your knowledge